The Education, Health and Care Plan
EHC plan principles.
· a “tell us once” approach to sharing information,
· decisions made openly and collaboratively,
· positive description of what a child can do,
· use of person centred and key working approaches,
· involvement at the very beginning of children, young people and parents in all decision making,
· early identification,
· plans focused on outcomes, short and long term, with detailed and specific provision
· plans clear understandable and clear to all,
· collaboration between education, health and social cares services through whole process to provide support.
· high quality provision to meet needs (LAMB 2009)
· greater choice and control for young people and parents over the support.
· more streamlined but time invested in joint agreement on key outcomes.
· set out provisions and support including the arrangements for a personal budget if applicable,
· successful preparation for adulthood including independent living and employment.
· request, assessment planning 20 weeks,as broken down below
· 1. SEN team meet with family, consent, explanation of process, 2. Assessment planning meeting held with family and all professionals, 3. New and or further assessment, work completed 8weeks.
· 4. Request received by LA, 5. SEND panel consider request, 6. Assessment agreed or non-statutory support recommended 6 weeks.statutory support recommended 6 weeks.
· 7. Support planning meeting held, identification of outcomes, 8. Proposed EHC plan written, 9. Proposed plan delivered to parents, 10. Plan finalised shared and implemented, 6 weeks
The EHC plan
· views interests and aspirations of child and their family,
· health and social care needs related to SEN,
· outcomes including related to adult life,
· short term targets for education setting,
· special educational provisions,
· health and social care provision,
· name and type of educational setting,
· details of personal budget linked to specific outcomes and provisions, can come from school notional SEN budget, third party, direct payment
· appendices containing advice and information gathered during assessment,
· agreement of plan